Everything you need to know about boarding your dog at Fitdog over the holidays.
Booking Your Holiday Stay
All of our overnight dogs are provided with a private space to sleep and eat. We do not use our play area for boarding which means there is limited availability, particularly for larger dogs. In order to ensure your dog has a spot, we recommend booking in advance.
- Thanksgiving: 4 to 6 weeks in advance
- Christmas: 8 to 10 weeks in advance
Daycare reservations are highly recommended during the week of Thanksgiving and from Dec 22nd to Jan 2nd. Monthly Unlimited Members have a standing reservation for daycare.
If there are no spots available, don’t fret! Ask to be added to our waitlist. Many people cancel or change plans. Depending on the dates of your reservation, there is a good chance a spot will open up. Monthly Unlimited Members are granted priority waitlist status.
When dogs are staying with us for longer periods of time, it’s important to maintain their grooming routine.
- Doodles and other curly-haired breeds are encouraged to be groomed PRIOR to long term boarding stays and to schedule brush-outs every 5 days
- Dogs staying over 5 days are recommended to have an exit groom (a groom scheduled on the day of pick up)
- Dogs staying over 21 days are recommended to have a mid-stay and exit groom
Holiday Booking Policies
We designed our holiday policies to allow us to accommodate our members and to prevent overbooking. Our goal is for all of our dogs to be comfortable during their stay as they would be on any other day.
50% NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT / 48 HOUR CANCELLATION POLICY
In order to secure your holiday reservation, a 50% deposit is due at the time of reservation.
If you cancel prior to 48 hours of your reservation date, 100% of your deposit will become a credit on your account. If you cancel within 48 hour of your reservation date or are a no show, then your deposit is forfeited.
LATE CHECK OUT
Check outs after 2pm are subject to a $30 late check out fee, which is strictly applied. Our check out policy allows us time to disinfect and prepare the overnight areas for new doggy overnight guests.
STAYING PAST RESERVED DATES
Dogs staying past reserved dates are subject to double the nightly rate.
If you need to extend your stay, call us, and we will do our best to accommodate you. However, if we can not accommodate you, your dog needs to check out on the original checkout date. This rule also applies to daycare dogs whose owners do not pick up.
Dogs with expired vaccination records will be turned away at check-in. Do not assume your veterinarian will respond quickly or even same day. If you have updated records, send them over ahead of time to avoid delays in check-in or forced cancellation. Visit our assessment page to read more about our vaccination and spay/neuter requirements.
What to Expect
Allow extra time for check in during the holidays. Our friendly front desk team will:
- Confirm your boarding dates
- Mark your dog’s belongings
- Record feeding instructions
- Record medication instructions
- Make sure a credit card is on file
- Confirm your contact information
WHAT TO BRING
- Enough food for your dog’s stay plus an extra meal
- Treats for snack/nap time
- An article of clothing or blanket
- A special toy
LEAVE AT HOME
We do not accept the following:
- Half eaten bones or toys that could be a choking hazard
- Multiple or bags of toys or belongings
- Bedding of any kind
- Bowls of any kind
- Check-in: before 4pm
- Check-out: 2pm
- Late checkout fee: $30 (no exceptions)
- Last pick-up: 9pm
- Thanksgiving: Closed
- Christmas: Closed
- New Year’s Day: Regular Hours
We look forward to seeing your dog over the holidays!